Recipe: Thai Coconut Chicken Soup* Jcmj43F
- 1 c Boneless chicken breasts
- cut into bite size pcs. 1/3 c Galangal finely sliced
- 3 c Chicken broth
- 2 tb White or brown sugar
- 1 tb Fish sauce
- 2 1/2 tb Lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 c Cilantro leaves (for topping
- 1/2 tb Thai chili paste (Pik Pou)
- 1/2 c Button mushrooms finely slic
- 1 16 oz can of coconut milk
- In a large pot add the chicken broth, coconut milk and galangal. Bring to boil (350F.) stirring for 1 min making sure that the coconut milk and the chicken broth are mixed well.
- Next add the chicken breasts and stir for 1 more minute. Now add in the remaining ingredients and stir for 1 more minute.
- Remove the soup from the heat and pour into individual soup bowls and topping with the cilantro leaves.
- If you want your soup spicier, top with sliced serrano chilies.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Thai