Recipe: Thai Hot And Sour Shrimp Soup* Bwht68A
- 1 c Shrimp, pld and deveined
- 3 1/2 c Water
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves (Bai Magr
- 2 Stalks lemongrass, cut 1″
- Pces & smashed. Use 2″ frm Base only. Discard leaves 1/2 c Cnd straw mushrooms,or fresh
- 2 tb Lime juice
- 3 tb Fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 1 ts Thai red curry paste
- 2 ts Or tst, slcd rd & grn chilis
- 1 tb Chopped cilantro leaves
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the curry paste, lime leaves and lemongrass.
- Bring to a boil again and add shrimps and mushrooms. Cook just until the shrimps are done but not overcooked.
- Stir in fish sauce and remove from heat. Spoon the soup into a serving bowl and add lime juice, stir to mix well. Sprinkle chilies and cilantro leaves before serving.
- Serve hot with cooked rice. Makes 2 servings.
NOTE: Boneless chicken pieces may be used instead of shrimps. Omit the chilies if desired. Additional fish sauce may also be added to the soup at the table.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Thai