Recipe: Tibetan Roast
- 1 ts Oil
- 4 oz Buckwheat
- 4 oz Onion, diced
- 8 oz Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 pt Red wine
- 1/4 pt Stock
- 4 oz Walnuts
- 8 oz Spinach
- 1 ts Rosemary
- 1 ts Sage
- Salt & pepper Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat oil in a skillet & fry the buckwheat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add onions & mushrooms & cook for a few more minutes.
- Pour in the wine & stock & bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add more stock if necessary. Grind the walnuts finely. Wash & cook spinach without water for 6 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid & chop thoroughly.
- When buckwheat is cooked, remove pan from heat & let cool slightly. Stir in walnuts & spinach.
- Mix in the herbs & mix well. Season to taste. Grease a 1 LB loaf tin & press in the mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes till the top is dark brown & feels firm to the touch.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate.
- Serve with vegetables & greens.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)