Recipe: Tofu Manicotti (Newkirk)
- 1 lb Manicotti
- 2 lb Tofu (firm or soft)
- — patted dry and mashed 2 Garlic cloves; minced
- 1/2 c Soy milk
- 2 tb Olive oil
- 2 tb Lemon juice
- 1 tb Sugar
- Salt and pepper; to taste 2 tb Minced fresh parsley
- 1 c Chopped fresh spinach (opt.)
- 4 c Spaghetti sauce
- Gently drain and rinse the noodles. Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the mashed tofu, garlic, soy milk, olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper, parsley and spinach, if using.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with 2 cups of the spaghetti sauce. Gently spoon the tofu mixture into each manicotti until they are all full. Place the filled manicotti noodles in one layer on top of the spaghetti sauce.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the stuffed noodles. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minute, or until the sauce bubbles.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)