Recipe: Tofu Provencal Club Sandwich
- 1 tb Olive oil
- 1/4 c Lemon juice
- 1/2 c Vegetable bouillon
- 1 ts Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Garlic cloves; minced
- 1 tb Fresh herbs, chopped
- 1/4 ts Black pepper
- 1 lb Reduced-fat tofu; drained
- 1 Red bell pepper
- sliced in rings 1 Yellow bell pepper
- sliced in rings 1 Red onion; sliced in rings
- 1 bn Arugula or red leaf lettuce
- 1 Loaf French bread
- whole wheat
- 1/2 c Reduced-fat mayonnaise OR tofu mayonnaise 1/4 c Fresh basil
- 1/8 ts Garlic powder
- 1/8 ts Black pepper
- To make marinade, combine olive oil, lemon juice, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, herbs and black pepper in a shallow baking dish.
- Slice tofu lengthwise into four steaks. Add tofu, peppers and onion to marinade. Set aside 15 minutes.
- Turn tofu and vegetables occasionally to coat with marinade.
- Combine mayonnaise, basil, garlic and pepper in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)