Recipe: Tomato-Leek Soup
- 2 lb Ripe red tomatoes
- 1/3 c Fresh parsley
- 1 Large leek
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tb Olive oil
- 6 oz Can tomato paste
- 2 tb Dry red wine
- 1 ts Dill
- 1 1/2 ts Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 ts Marjoram
- 1/4 ts Thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste Cut all but 1/2 LB of tomatoes into quarters.
- With parsley, process until well pureed. Dice the rest of the tomatoes & set aside.
- Slice the white part of the leek into 1/4″ slices.
- Chop the tender green leaves. Discard all but a 2 or 3 of the tougher part of the leaves.
- Wash carefully. Put the leeks in a large pot along with the reserved green leaves, garlic & olive oil.
- Cover with 3 cups stock. Bring to a boil, lower heat & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pureed & diced tomatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer on low heat for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Chill & serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)