Recipe: Tomato-Seafood Stew
- 1/2 lb Shrimp, shelled
- 1 c Onion, chopped
- 2 x Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T Oil, cooking
- 16 oz Tomatoes, cut up, can
- 8 oz Tomatoe sauce, sodium reduce
- 1 x Potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 x Celery, stalk, chopped
- 1 x Green pepper, medium, choppe
- 1 x Carrot, medium, shredded
- 1 t Thyme, dried, crushed
- 1/4 t Pepper
- 4 x Hot sauce, bottled, (dashes)
- 20 oz Whole baby clams,drained,can
- 2 T Parsley, snipped
- fresh or frozen shrimp
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen; halve length-wise.
- In a large saucepan cook onion and garlic in oil till tender.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, potato, green pepper, celery, carrot, thyme, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- Stir in shrimp, clams, and parsley. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 1 to 2 minutes more or till shrimp turns pink. Spoon into serving bowls.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)