Recipe: Turkey Corn Chowder
- 1 lg Onion; chopped
- 3 tb Oil
- 1 lb Fresh Ground Turkey
- 12 oz Can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 lg Potato; peeled and diced
- 16 oz Can Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Pepper
- 2 ts Sugar
- 3 c Boiling Water
- 2/3 c Canned Evaporated Milk
- Saute onion in oil in a large kettle until transparent.
- Push to one side. Add ground turkey and cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, except canned milk. Stir well. Cover.
- Bring just to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Just before serving, remove from heat and slowly stir in canned milk.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)