Recipe: Turkey-Stuffing Soup
- 1 Roasted turkey carcass
- broken into pieces 2 1/2 qt Cold water
- 3 Carrots; thickly sliced
- 3 Celery stalks with leaves
- sliced 1 Onion; chopped
- 1/2 c Chopped parsley
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 ts Dried thyme; crumbled
- 2 1/2 c Leftover turkey stuffing
- 2 c Turkey gravy
- Salt Combine turkey carcass, water, carrots, celery, onion, parsley, bay leaf, thyme, stuffing, gravy and salt in soup pot.
- Place over medium heat and bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir and break up all clumps of stuffing.
- Simmer, covered, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove carcass, saving any meat that can be stripped, and add up to 1 1/2 cups of water if necessary to replace evaporation.
- Adjust salt to taste. Let simmer 10 more minutes. Serve hot
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)