Recipe: Turkey-Tomato Soup
- 1 md Onion; minced
- 2 tb Butter
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 ts Minced thyme
- 1 qt Chicken or turkey stock
- 2 lb Tomatoes
- peeled, seeded, finely – chopped (including juice) Salt and pepper 2 c Shredded cooked turkey
- SAUTE ONION IN BUTTER until softened.
- Add the bay leaf, thyme, stock, tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add turkey and simmer 5-to-10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve, garnished with additional minced thyme if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)