Recipe: Turkey – Vegetable Soup
- 1 tb Butter or Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Crushed garlic cloves
- 20 oz Chicken broth
- 2 1/2 c Water, or
- 5 c Turkey stock
- 1/2 ts Poultry seasoning
- 1 c Small or medium egg noodles
- 1 kg Frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 c Leftover turkey, bite sized
- Melt butter in a large saucepan set over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 min.
- Add chicken broth and water or turkey stock, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in noodles. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring often, for 10 min.
- Add frozen vegetables and turkey.
- Cover and simmer just until hot, about 2 to 3 min.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)