Recipe: Vegetable Confetti Soup
- 1 tb Vegetable oil
- 2 md Onions; minced
- 4 lg Carrots; peeled, – cut into 1/3-in dice
- 2 lg Trimmed fennel bulbs – cut into 1/3-in dice
- 10 c Chicken stock or broth
- 1 ts Dried tarragon
- 1 ts Dried thyme
- 1 lg Red pepper – cut into 1/3-in dice
- 2 md Zucchini – cut into 1/3-in dice
- 12 lg Mushrooms
- trimmed, quartered Salt Freshly ground pepper Grated imported Parmesan – for serving HEAT OIL IN 6-QUART POT.
- Add onions. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir often. Add carrots, fennel, stock, tarragon, thyme. Bring to boil.
- Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, 20 minutes.
- Add red pepper, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Can be refrigerated as long as 4 days or frozen up to 3 months. Serve hot, garnished with cheese. Makes 14 Cups
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)