Recipe: Oven-Fried Carrot Burgers
- 4 cups corn flakes — finely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups carrots — cooked and mashed
- 1 egg — beaten
- 1/4 cup green onion — finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery — finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Pepper to taste
- Mix half of crumb mixture with carrots, egg, onion, celery and seasonings.
- Shape into patties then dip into remaining crumbs and oven fry in shallow baking pan with enough canola oil in it to coat the pan.
- Brown on both sides.
- About 10-15 minutes in 375F oven.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)