Recipe: Palak Tomatar (Spinach And Tomatoes)
- 1 lb Spinach, fresh or thawed
- 3 ea Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ea Onion, large and chopped
- 1/4 ts Turmeric
- 1 tb Ginger, fresh and chopped
- 2 ea Green chilies (optional)
- 1 c Water 5 tb Butter/Oleo
- 1 pn Salt
- 1 tb Lemon juice
- Place spinach, tomatoes, onions, turmeric, ginger and chilies in a saucepan with 1 cup water.
- Cook, covered, 15 mins over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and cool. Blend in an electric blender to a creamy consistency.
- Heat butter/oleo in a saucepan. Add spinach mixture and salt to taste. Cook for 5 mins over low heat.
- Add lemon juice and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Indian (Northern)