Recipe: Pasta With Black Olives
- 3/4 lb Rigatoni
- 2 tb Olive oil
- Salt Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c Black olives, pitted – roughly chopped
SWEET PEPPER SAUCE
- 2 lg Red peppers
- 4 Garlic cloves; peeled
- Salt Freshly ground black pepper Cook the rigatoni in a large saucepan until al dente.
- Drain immediately and return the rigatoni to the still-warm pan with the olive oil; season the pasta to taste with salt and black pepper. While the pasta is cooking, make the Sweet Pepper Sauce.
- Serve the pasta on warmed plates, pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with the chopped olives.
SWEET PEPPER SAUCE:
- Put the peppers into a saucepan with enough water to almost cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer until tender.
- Remove the peppers from the water, reserve the water and discard the stems and seeds.
- Chop and place in a blender or food processor. Add the garlic to the peppers, together with 1 1/4 cups of the cooking water, and blend to a puree.
- Transfer to a clean saucepan. Season with salt and pepper and reheat gently.
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)