Recipe: Peanut Butter Muffins
- 2 c Flour, pastry, whole wheat
- 1 ts Baking powder, low sodium
- 1 ts Salt
- 2 tb Safflower oil, unrefined
- 1/4 c Peanut butter, crunchy or -smooth
- 1 1/2 c Soymilk
- 4 tb Molasses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Stir the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Mix the oil and peanut butter and cut into the flour with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture becomes grainy.
- Mix the soymilk and molasses and add to the batter. Stir just enough to mix well. Do not beat.
- Fill the lightly oiled muffin tins or muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Variation: For Peanut Butter Bran Muffins, substitute one cup of bran for one cup of flour.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)