Recipe: Potato Burgers
- 1/2 To 1 raw onion grated
- 4 lg Potatoes grated
- 1/2 c Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c Water
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Using a non-stick pan on medium heat, or a griddle at 325 degrees, ladle the mixture on pan and mash down until flat about burger thickness. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn over and cook 5-8 minutes. Hints: Use a food processor to grate the potato and onion.
- The onion may get gooy but that’s o.k. Ore Ida has hash browns that are already grated, and I’ve been meaning to try that as a time saver but haven’t done it yet.
- If any one has done this please post your success. If you want to double this recipe, use separate bowls or it is too hard to mix, I’ve already tried. These freeze well.
- I usually think of one potato as a serving. For two people the above recipe could be dinner and lunch.
- Top with all your favorite low fat condiments. It surprised us at how much these taste like Real hamburgers with all the toppings.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)