Recipe: Potato-Mushroom Burgers
- 3 Garlic cloves; minced
- 1/2 c Mushrooms; finely chopped
- 4 Scallions; thinly sliced
- 1 tb Canola oil
- 1/2 c Cashews, raw; unsalted
- 2 1/2 c Potatoes; mashed
- 3/4 c Carrots; grated
- 2 ts Ginger root, fresh; grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c Bread crumbs; dry
- 1/2 c Sesame seeds
- Saute garlic, mushrooms and scallions in oil until vegetables are limp, abo 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cashews in a blender or food processor and grin to a coarse meal. Transfer mushroom mixture and ground cashews to a large bowl and add potatoes, carrots, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add bread crumbs a mix well. The mixture will be soft and moist. On a large bakin sheet or bread board, make 8 to 10 beds of sesame seeds fo patties.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out vegetable mixture and form 8 to 10 patties; place on sesame beds. Flip to coat both sides generously.
- Gently transfer to a well-oiled vegetable grill and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on ea side, until medium brown. Makes 8 to 10 patties.
- Variation: Saute burgers in olive oil until golden brown.
Number of servings (yield): 1
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)