Recipe: Calico Beans
- 1 lb. of Ground beef
- 1/2 lb. of Bacon (fry first and drain off fat and chop into small pieces)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup of catsup
- 1 tsp. of Salt
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. of Dry mustard
- 2 tsp. of Vinegar
- 1 16 oz. can of Pork and beans
- 1 16 oz. can of Kidney beans
- 1 package of frozen Lima beans
- Brown the hamburger and bacon and add the onion and cook slightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the beans and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and mix well. Bake in a casserole dish for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)