Recipe: Quinoa Tabbouleh
- 1 c Quinoa
- 1 14.5-oz can vegetable broth
- 2 tb Pine nuts
- 8 Cherry tomatoes, each cut Into eighths 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c Finely chopped parsley
- 1 tb Finely chopped mint
- 1 tb Finely chopped cilantro
- 4 tb Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tb Olive oil
- 1/4 ts Salt
- Put the quinoa in a fine sieve and rin
se well with water. (This will remove the bitter coating of the quinoa.) Drain well.
- Put into a large nonstick skillet and toast 3 minutes. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook 12 minutes. Drain well. Spread onto a paper-towel lined baking sheet or plate and let sit about 5 minutes to absorb excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl.
- Put the pine nuts into a small skillet and place over medium heat. Time 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, and remove from the heat. Let finishing toasting in the hot skillet.
- Combine the quinoa, pine nuts, tomatoes, green onions, parsley, mint and cilantro. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil and salt in a small jar. Pour over the salad, mixing well. Refrigerate; bring the salad to room temperature before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)