Recipe: Yankee Beans- Lenten
- 2 cups navy beans
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions — chopped
- 4 large carrots — chopped
- 1 stalk celery — thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- In a pressure cooker put beans, water & oil. Pressure cook for 30 minutes. Use Quick Release Method. Drain & rinse.
- Microwave onions, carrots, & celery until onions are soft.
- Put cooked vegetables into slow cooker.
- Add tomato sauce, mustard, & molasses. Mix.
- Add drained beans. Mix.
- Put bean broth through degreasing cup, then add enough of this broth to barely cover mixture. Stir.
- Slow cook on high 3-4 hours.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)