Recipe: Yellow Mung Bean Pudding
- 1 1/2 c Yellow mung beans
- 2 tb Arrowroot
- 1 c Sugar
- 1/4 c Coconut milk
- 1/4 ts Salt
- Soak the mung beans in 2 c water for 20 minutes. Drain & place in a large pot. Add 10 c water & cook over medium heat, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Dissolve the arrowroot in 1/4 c hot water & stir into the mung beans.
- Add the sugar & cook, stirring, for 15 minutes, or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat. In a small pot, heat the coconut milk with the salt for 5 to 7 minutes or until it begins to boil.
- Serve the pudding in individual bowls, topped with 1 tb coconut milk. It will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week & may be served either hot or cold.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Thai