Recipe: Yet Another Spontaneous Soup
- 1 md Onion, diced
- 5 Cloves garlic, minced
- 5 Patty pan squash, sliced
- 2 md Zucchini, sliced
- 1 Potato, cubed (note that one Cubed equals one 🙂 6 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 cn Garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 c Brown lentils
- 2 T Brown miso paste
- 1 T Each marjoram, rosemary, Oregano Black pepper to taste 1 T Olive oil
- 5 c Water
- splash of white Wine or sake Saute the onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for a few minutes; add the patty pan and zucchini squash, saute for another few minutes.
- Add the water and bring to a boil; add the miso paste and garbanzo beans, reduce heat, simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the lentils, potatoes, and spices, simmer for another 20-30 minutes until the lentils are done. For a stronger flavor, add about 2 cups of broccoli florets.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)