Recipe: Zucchini-Curry Eintopf (Zucchini Curry Stew)
- 1 kilogram zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 grams clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons coconut paste
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- Cook 100g dried grated coconut with water in the microwave oven, pureed it and strained it through a sieve. Peel, seed and dice zucchini. Mince onion and garlic. Puree tomatoes together with the juice.
- Steam onion and garlic in the clarified butter. Stir in curry powder. Add tomatoe puree and cook until it thickens a bit. Dissolve coconut paste in the tomatoe puree.
- Add diced zucchini and steam for about 30 minutes until tender. Roast mustard seeds in a pan and sprinkle over the stew.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)