Recipe: Beef With Mushrooms Sauce
- 1/4 lb. of Butter
- 1 lb. of Mushrooms cleaned and halved
- 1 cup of chopped scallions
- 2 teaspoons of Minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme, crumbled
- Bay leaves
- 11/2 cups of beef broth
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. Cooked beef, in bite size pieces
- In a large pan melt the butter and add the mushrooms and cook until they are soft.
- Next add all the other ingredients except the beef and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
- Stir in the beef and cook until the beef is hot all the way through.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)