Recipe: Jerky Stew
- 1 pound Jerky — beef or buffalo
- 1 cup Whole dried hominy — soaked overnight in — ample water 1 large Yellow onion — peeled/chopped
- 1 pound Potatoes
- — unpeeled/diced salt and pepper to taste
- Break the jerky up into 1-inch pieces and place in a heavy, lidded kettle. Drain the hominy and add to the jerky, along with the onion. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, until the hominy is tender, about 2 hours.
- You will have to watch this closely, as more water will have to be added as you go along. Add the potatoes and cook for an additional 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)