Recipe: Meat And Potato Stew
- 2 1/2 lb Round steak or top round,
- -cut into 1″ cubes 6 oz Can tomato paste
- 8 lg White potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 c Olive oil
- 1/2 t Oregano
- 1/2 c Red or white wine
- Heat olive oil in 6 quart pot; add beef, salt, pepper, and oregano. Brown well.
- Add tomato paste, wine, and water until meat is almost covered. Mix liquids well until gravy thickens slightly. Simmer 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes and simmer until fork tender, stirring occasionally about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with fresh Italian bread.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: US General
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)