Recipe: Momma’S Beef Stew
- 4 T oil 3 T wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 lb beef stew meat 1 c red wine
- 1 ea medium onion minced 1 ea bay leaf
- 1 ea clove garlic minced 1/2 t oregano
- 1/2 c tomato sauce 4 ea medium potatoes cubed
- 2 ea carrots sliced 1 x salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add every thing except potatoes and carrots to large pot.
- Cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2 hours until meat is thoroughly tender.
- Half an hour before meat is ready add carrots and potatoes.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)