Recipe: Mother’S Duck
- 1 Duck Salt Pepper, black Vinegar paste
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/8 c Butter; (optional)
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Garlic clove Bacon drippings
- 1/2 c Water
- Clean and wash duck inside and out. Dry. Rub inside and out with salt, pepper, vinegar paste. Stuff each duck with onion, butter, carrot, celery and garlic.
- Place breast down in roaster and brush back with bacon drippings. Add 1/2 cup water per duck. Set in hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees and bake 1-1/2-2 hours, covered. Remove cover to brown. Louisiana ducks are often so fat they do not need the butter.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)