Recipe: Oriental Glazed Duck
- 1 − 5 pound duck, rinsed, patted dry
- 2 lemons, halved salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Rub the duck inside and out with juice of 1 lemon. Pat dry. Prick skin with fork. Sprinkle inside and outside with salt and pepper. Place second lemon in cavity.
- Place duck, breast side up on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes. While duck is roasting, make glaze. Combine soy sauce, ketchup, honey, oil, garlic and rosemary in small mixing bowl.
- Mix well. Reduce oven temperature to 350F. Pour off fat. Pour glaze over duck. Baste frequently and cook 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove duck from oven. Let stand 15 minutes. Skim off fat from roasting pan. Reheat glaze, pour over duck and garnish with green onions.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
My rating: 4 stars: ★★★★☆ 1 review(s)