Recipe: Peggy’S Beef Stew
- 1 lb Or more beef stew meat or
- Cut up boneless chuck 1/2 lb Carrots, sliced
- 7 Potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 1 sm Onion, diced
- 1 pk Onion soup mix
- 2 ts Oil
- Brown the meat in the oil and onion soup mix combination.
- Add 1 1/2 – 2 cups water, and cook in a pressure cooker until done, about 40 minutes. Add onion, carrots, and potatoes. (you can add celery as well).
- Simmer slowly until vegetables are done, adding water as necessary. Thicken gravy and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Irish