Recipe: Pineapple Salsa
- 1/2 each pineapple, cut
- 1/4 inch pieces 2 each tomatoes,
- diced 1 each cucumber, seeded,
- diced 2 each shallots,
- minced 1/2 each jalapeno chile,
- minced 1/4 cup cilantro,
- minced 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white wine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl stir together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- NOTES: Fresh fruit salsas satisfy the taste for salad and fruit in one dish. Peaches, nectarines, or plums can also be used. Serve as a condiment with pork, chicken, or duck.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)