Recipe: Plains Tribes Venision And Wild Rice Stew
- 3 1/2 pounds shoulder of venision — cut in 2″ squares
- 2 quarts water
- 2 yellow onions — peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice — washed
- Place the Venision, water and onions in a large, heavy kettle and simmer, uncovered for 3 hours or until venision is tender.
- Mix in the salt, pepper and wild rice; cover and wimmer for 20 minutes. Stir the mixture, then simmer, uncovered for about 20 minutes more or until rice is tender and most the liquid is absorbed.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)