Recipe: Provencal Ragout
- 2 lg Eggplants — cut into 1 1/2″
- -cubes 1 c Black olives in water
- 8 Plum tomatoes — quartered
- -lengthwise 1 lb New potatoes — quartered
- 2 pk Button mushrooms (10 oz ea)
- 2 lg Yellow squash — cut into 1″
- -cubes 2 Red bell peppers — cut into
- -large chunks 4 Ribs celery — cut into 1/2″
- -pieces 1/4 c Dried thyme
- 1/4 c Dried basil
- 12 Whole garlic cloves
- 2 c Red wine
- 6 c Vegetable stock or water
- 1 t Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Combine all ingredients in a large roasting pan or casserole dish.
- Place in oven and cook, uncovered, for about 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Add more wine or vegetable stock if liquid evaporates too quicly. Serve hot.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: French