Recipe: Pumpernickel Stuffing
- 3 md Onions, chopped (1 1/2 -cups)
- 4 tb Drippings from ducklings
- 3 c Slightly dry -pumpernickel-bread cubes -(6 slices)
- 3 c Slightly dry white bread -cubes (6 slices)
- 1/2 c Water
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- Saute onions in drippings just until soft in a large frying pan.
- Add bread crumbs, water, salt, and pepper; toss lightly to mix. Spoon into 6-cup baking dish.
- Bake with ducklings in a slow oven (325F) 1 hour, or until crisp on top.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)