Recipe: Roast Duck
- 2 tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tb Starch,dissolved in 2Tb -water
- 2 tb Light Soy sauce
- 1 ts Sugar
- 1 3-4 lb Long Island Duck
- Combine the first three ingredients, coat the duck and let stand 2 hrs. Fill a steamer pan with water 1 1/2″ deep. Place duck on rack breast side up, reserving marinade . Cover, bring water to boil and steam 30 min.
- Skim fat from steaming juice and reserve. Preheat oven to 400 F. Transfer duck to a baking dish and brush with reserved marinade. Roast uncovered 15 min. Lower heat to 350 and roast a further 40 min. Remove duck to a cutting board. Skim and discard fat from the pan juices. In a small pan, combine reserved steaming and roasting juices, bring to a simmer, add the starch mix and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Cut the wings, legs and thighs at the joints, split the back in half and the breast into quarters. Arrange pieces on a platter and top with the gravy.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Chinese