Recipe: Roast Duckling In Wine
- 4 1/2 lb Duckling
- 2 c Optional stuffing
- 1 t Kosher salt Coarse
- 1/4 t Nutmeg Wine & grape Sauce
- 3/4 c Marsala wine
- 2 T Grape jelly
- 1 1/2 T Cornstarch
- 1 c Seedless green grapes 1.
- Wash duckling and dry.
- Sprinkle salt and nutmeg in the cavity. Close openings with wooden picks. Tie legs together. Tie wings to body. Wrap bits of foil over legs and wings to prevent over cooking. Cover with wax paper to prevent splattering.
- Place duckling with or without stuffing, breast side down in a baking dish. Cook at FULL POWER 6 minutes per pound or 24 minutes for a 4-lb duckling. After 12 minutes, turn bird breast side up and drain off accumulated fat. Continue cooking.
- Remove from microwave oven; remove foil pieces and wax paper. Drain fat.
- Blend wine jelly and cornstarch together. (You may need to add a bit of water.) Heat in a measuring cup in microwave oven 45 seconds or until thick and smooth. Add the grapes and heat at FULL POWER for 45 seconds more. Pour sauce over duck.
- Roast in conventional range for 30 minutes at 400 deg.F. until skin is crispy brown and legs can be moved easily. Let stand 10 minutes. Serves 4-6. Microwave time: 25-31 minutes(then 30 minutes in conventional range) Conventional range time: 2 – 2-1/2 hours
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: French