Recipe: Second Time Around Veal Stew Normandy Style(Mf)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 granny smith apple — peeled –cored
- 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 recipe blueprint for veal stew
- 4 kirby cucumbers — seeded and diced
- 3/4 inch cross pieces
- 1/4 cup cream — optional
- Saute apple in butter until almost tender. Add the apple cider and reduce until almost entirely absorbed by the apples.
- Add the veal stew and cream and bring to a simmer. Set the cucumbers on the top, cover and steam for a minute or so just to heat through. Adjust the seasoning.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)