Recipe: Stirfry Duck And Asparagus
- 1 Large duck magret (about 1 pound)
- 1 Pound pencil asparagus
- 1 Teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 Teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 Large carrot — julienned
- 1 Cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 chopped scallions
- 2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro Salt and pepper
- Cut the duck magret into strips (approximately 2 inches.) Cut asparagus spears into 2-inch pieces. In a mixing bowl, mix cornstarch, egg white and duck strips, set aside.
- In a large wok over high heat, heat the oil and add the duck meat, ginger, garlic, asparagus and carrot and stirfry for 6 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts and scallions and cook for another three minutes. Add soy sauce and serve immediately. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)