Recipe: Stoba(Goat/Lamb With Peppers)
- 3 Habanero (6 Jalapeno) chiles -stems removed, chopped
- 1 Small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 lb Boneless lamb (goat) cut -into 2″ cubes
- 2 T Vegetable oil
- 2 Medium onions, chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c Chopped celery
- 1 t Finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Medium tomatoes, peeled and -chopped
- 3 T Lime juice
- 1 t Ground cumin
- 1 t Ground allspice
- 1 T Vinegar
- 1 Large cucumber, peel, chop
- 1/4 c Pitted green olives
- 1 T Capers
- Brown the meat in oil; remove and drain. Add the onions, garlic, celery, ginger, chiles, and bell pepper to the pan and saute until the onions are soft.
- Combine the meat, onion mixture, tomatoes, lime juice, cumin, allspice and cover with water. Simmer the mixture until the meat is very tender and starts to fall apart, about 1 1/2 hours, adding more water if needed.
- Add vinegar, cucumber, olives and capers and simmer another 15 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)