Recipe: Stuffed Lamb Shoulder For The Slow Cooker
- 3 pounds lamb shoulder, boned (up to 4 lb)
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage
- 1 medium onion — chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf basil
- 1 clove garlic — minced
- 1 onion — sliced
- 2 stalks celery — sliced
- 2 carrots — peeled and sliced
- Kitchen bouquet salt and pepper
- Trim all excess fat from lamb shoulder. To prepare stuffing, brown sausage and chopped onion in skillet; drain well. Stir in herbs and garlic. Stuff lamb wi th mixture.
- Roll lamb and fasten with skewers or string. Place sliced onion, celery and carrots in Crock-Pot. Place stuffed and rolled lamb on top of veget ables. Rub top of lamb with kitchen bouquet; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- C over and cook on High for 1 hour, then turn to Low for 10 to 12 hours. Serve lamb sliced, with the natural juices poured over vegetables and meat.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Greek