Recipe: Texas Chili Chicken Stew
- 2 tb Vegetable oil
- 1/2 c Chopped onion
- 1 c Chopped green pepper
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/4 c Flour
- 1 ts Chili powder
- 1/2 ts Basil
- 1/4 ts Oregano
- 2 tb Chopped mild green chilies
- 2 cn Chicken broth (12 oz)
- 2 c Cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cn Chopped stewed tomatoes -(8 oz)
- 1 cn VEG-ALL Mixed Vegetables, With liquid (16 oz)
- Heat oil in 2-quart pot. Cook onion and green pepper until tender, but not browned.
- Add garlic and stir in flour, chili powder, basil, oregano, chilis, chicken broth and diced chicken.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and VEG-ALL and cook 10 minutes longer.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)