Recipe: Tipsy Lamb ‘N’ Ginger
- 4 Lamb Leg bone Steaks
- 1 tb Oil
- 2 lg Onions peeled and sliced
- 1 lg Cooking Apple diced
- 450 ml Dry Cider
- 25 g Crystallised Ginger Chopped
- 1 1/4 ts English Mustard
- 2 tb Tomato Puree
- 2 ts Demmerara sugar
- 150 ml Natural Yogurt
- Potatoes or Rice to Serve Preheat oven to 180c/350f Gas mark 4. Chop the lamb steaks into chunks and brown in hot oil to seal in flavour. Add onions and apple, then pour in enough cider to cover.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer lamb onion and apple to casserole dish and sprinkle over the ginger. Add the remaining cider to the liquid left in the pan.
- Stir in the mustard tomato puree and sugar blend in yogurt and pour sauce over meat so every piece is covered. Cook covered for about 1 hour 15 minutes until tender. Serve with potatoes or rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)