Recipe: Very Cheesey Casserole
- 1 ts Vegetable oil
- 1 c Chopped onion
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c Chopped mushrooms
- 1 ts EACH dried basil, thyme, -marjoram, and cumin
- 2 c Cooked beans
- 2 c Cooked brown rice
- 3 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 c Low fat cottage/ricotta -cheese (or combination)
- 1/4 c Crumbled Feta cheese -(optional)
- 2 tb Soy sauce
- Salt Black pepper Cayenne to taste
- 2 md Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 c Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c Fine dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat oil in large skillet; saute onion, garlic and mushrooms until onion is nearly soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients except final three. Mix well and spread mixture in a large greased or sprayed shallow baking dish.
- Arranged tomato slices over the top. Mix together parmesan and crumbs and sprinkle over tomatoes. Bake for 40 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)