Recipe: Walt Disney’S Own Chili And Beans
- 1/8 t Coriander
- 1/8 t Turmeric
- 1/8 t Chili seeds
- 1/8 t Fennel
- 1/8 t Cloves
- 1/8 t Cinnamon
- 1/8 t Dried ginger
- 1 sm Mexican chili pepper
- Wash, sort and soak beans in cold water overnight. Drain; place in 2 qt saucepan. Add water to cover 2″ over beans.
- Add onions and simmer in covered pot until tender, 2 hrs. Meanwhile, heat oil in lg sauce pot; saute garlic until lightly browned.
- Add celery and beef; cook.
- Add chili powder, paprika, and thyme. Break up tomatoes with spoon and mix with meat mixture; cover, simmer 1 hr.
- When beans are tender, combine with meat, stirring gently. Salt and pepper and add additional spices if desired, cook 30 mins.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)