Recipe: Warm Lamb Salad With Mixed Greens
- Dressing- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup veg oil
- 1/2 cup mint, fresh — chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh — chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 large shallots — halved
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Lamb- 12 ounces lamb leg meat, – trimmed and sliced – into 1 1/4 X 1/3 in 7 cups
- Torn mixed greens
- 9 ounces artichoke hearts,
- 1 large red bell pepper — julienned
- 10 ounces mushroom
- 1/2 cup mint leaves — fresh
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh
- basil, fresh for garnish mint sprigs for garnish
- Blend first 10 ingredients in blendr or processor until dressing is as smooth as possible. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate). Heat 1/4 cup dressing in heavy large skillet over med -high heat.
- Add lamb and cook, stirring frequently, about 3 min for medium-rare. Drain. Transfer to bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
- Combine greens, articokes, bell pepper, mushrooms, 1/2 cup mint and 1/2 cup basil in bowl. Add enough dressing to season to taste and toss gently. Mound salads on plates. Top with lamb. Garnish with basil and mint sprigs.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)