Recipe: Warm Salad Of Steamed Salmon, Ceci And Sunflower Sprouts
- 2 cups canned chickpeas (ceci) — drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions — sliced paper thin
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon salt and pepper to taste 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves — chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil — plus 1/4 cup
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes — in 1/8″ cubes reserving all juices
- discarding stems 2 tablespoons black olive paste, (Tapanade) — recipe follows
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1-inch thick — cut into 4 pieces bones and scales removed
- skin intact 4 ounces sunflower sprouts — seeds removed
- Set up steamer by placing 2 inches water in large pan with cover and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix chickpeas with scallions, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper, tarragon leaves and 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and allow to stand.
- In a small bowl, mix plum tomatoes, olive paste, red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. Allow to stand 10 minutes before using.
- Place salmon pieces skin side up on steamer rack and place in steamer. Cover and steam 3 to 4 minutes for medium rare, more if desired.
- While fish is steaming, toss sunflower sprouts with ceci beans to dress. Check for seasoning with salt and divide among 4 plates.
- Remove hot salmon from steamer, place one piece on a plate, spoon 3 tablespoons vinaigrette around on each plate and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)