Recipe: Weight Watchers Turkey Chili
- 9 ounces kidney beans
- 32 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces turkey; ground — raw
- 1 medium onion — diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder — (maybe 2 t)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano — ground
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Wash beans. Cover with water and soak in the refrigerator overnight or a minim um of four hours at room temperature. Put water, beans, and salt in a soup pot and cook until beans are soft, approximately one hour.
- Add water when necessary to keep beans covered. Do not drain. Brown ground turkey and onion. Combine t urkey mixture, beans, tomato sauce and spices in soup pot. Simmer over low heat for one or two hours.
- Add water to achieve desired consistency. Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)