Recipe: Wesley’S Chili Pizza V 4.0
- 1 ea Basic pizza dough
- 2 c Chili
- 6 oz Mild Longhorn Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/4 c Onion (very thinly sliced)
- 1/2 ea Green Bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 oz Ripe black olives, sliced
- 1/2 lb Pork sausage
- 9 ea Medium-sized mushrooms, Sliced
- Saute the sausage, mushrooms (stems and caps), and Bell pepper until very lightly browned.
- Preheat oven to 500 deg F.
- Roll pizza dough into a pizza-like shape, and add toppings in this order: : Chili : Sausage, ‘Mushrooms, and peppers : Olives : Onions : Cheese
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Use a pizza stone if you have one. If you don’t have one, get one!
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)