Recipe: West African Chicken And Groundnut Stew
- 2 Whole boneless, -skinless chicken breasts -cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 T Peanut oil
- 1 md Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 28 oz Can whole tomatoes, -undrained, cut up 15
- 1/2 oz Can Green Giant Great -Northern Beans undrained
- 11 oz Can Green Giant Niblets -Golden Sweet Corn, -drained
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled & -chopped
- 3/4 c Water
- 1/4 c Peanut butter
- 1 T Tomato paste
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Chili powder
- 1/2 t Ginger
- 1/2 t Cayenne
- 3 c Hot cooked rice
- In a 4 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook chicken in oil until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 30 minutes or until sweet potato is tender, stirring occasionally.
- If stew becomes too thick, add additional water. Serve stew over hot rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)